Advertisement

(Please read the description) Very Nice Newer 3rd Gen KONE EcoDisc Lifts at Primark in Lancaster

(Please read the description) Very Nice Newer 3rd Gen KONE EcoDisc Lifts at Primark in Lancaster [Recorded 6/7/19] As a lot of you may know, Primark lifts are known for using Dewhurst instead of the installer's own buttons, but this was one of the awesome exceptions, a pair of really nice EcoDiscs with KSS140, however filming these was the worst experience I have ever had and I would appreciate it if you could take some time to read the story through then leave your thoughts on the whole thing in the comments, I do ask that you remain respectful as standard with the comments.

So the round trip on the first lift went nice and to plan, as did the upward journey on the second lift. When arriving at G in the second lift however, things took a sour turn. I was trying to get the door to close as quickly as possible to head up to 1 to end as I caught sight of a group of kids a little younger than me who I had seen not too long ago being told of by the MarketGate Centre management (As Primark is in the MarketGate Centre), heading towards the lift. The doors were slowly closing but they then opened it back up. They were trying to question what I was doing and at the same time weren't letting the lift go. Eventually I asked them if they were wanting to go up, they said they were so I stopped the recording, let them have the lift and got out. However, they initially didn't actually go up, they just stood in the way of the doors, partially in the lift, continuing to look in my direction and overall trying to wind me up. I started speaking to a staff member about the whole situation and she was very sympathetic, I explained what was going on, why I was taking pictures of the lift and what the group of kids were doing and a second member of staff, also fairly sympathetic I would think, went to speak to the manager about it. After about a minute I saw the kids walking down the escalators and quickly exiting the store, obviously not wanting to get into trouble again. After final words with the sympathetic staff member, whom I can't thank enough for being so kind and sympathetic towards me with regards to what had just occurred, I went and filmed the second part of this video, and that all went perfectly to plan. Ended the video, got back in to head down, and this is where everything fell apart. Doors opened, and the store's security was waiting outside. "Excuse me, can I ask why you are taking pictures", he said. I tried to explain as best as I could at the time, although in hindsight I feel I did a worse job at it than Williams are doing in F1 right now, and security simply responded with "You cannot take pictures in Primark". Very cold. Very unemotional. Didn't even sound like he said that with what I had just told him in mind. I tried to apologise to him but he literally said nothing more, didn't even acknowledge that I was talking to him. The only other time he even looked in my direction was when I turned to exit the store. I honestly don't know if he listened to my explanation of why I was taking pictures or if he was just waiting to say that I couldn't take pictures. This experience genuinely broke my confidence in filming anything for a good few days, but I do have to give a massive shoutout right now to Safety Breaks Lifts ( because on that night, when I was sitting in the Premier Inn trying to give myself strength to go and take some video of the lift, he motivated me and gave me the confidence and strength I needed to pick myself up and go film that lift, and for that I cannot thank you enough. The big question I take from this is as follows: Does Primark have a no-photography policy? I did some research to try and find out but the closest I got was an 8 year old forum post asking the same question, and the only answers there were people saying they had a similar question after experiences of their own, of course these weren't lift enthusiasts but it all boils down to the same question, so if you all have any ideas at all, please do let me know, and if you can provide links I would also very much appreciate reading what those have to say. Right, that's my ramble done, please share your thoughts on my experience down in the comments below, and do enjoy the video of these lifts. Many more lifts are set to come soon!

All my videos are copyrighted to me. You may NOT reuse any part of my videos, including the thumbnails, without permission from me.

Join the official ZZ9 Productions Discord Fan Server!


Intro music by

Outro music by YouTube user escalatorgeek881 -

ZZ9 Productions,really,cool,KONE,MonoSpace,Powered,By,EcoDisc,Third,Generation,machine,motor,room,less,MRL,traction,elevator,lift,vid,KSS,140,button,fixture,indicator,display,horrible,depressing,filming,event,

Post a Comment

0 Comments