Advertisement

'Have You Found What You're Looking For?' a Sermon by Jim Somerville from John 1:29-42

'Have You Found What You're Looking For?' a Sermon by Jim Somerville from John 1:29-42 Jim Somerville begins his sermon by quoting a U2 song that begins with these words: “I have climbed the highest mountains, I have run through the fields…but I still haven't found what I'm looking for." That song has haunted an entire generation, because it makes them wonder, "What about me? Have I found what I'm looking for?" In this week's Gospel lesson, John 1:29-42, two of John's disciples come looking for Jesus, and when they find him they seem to have found exactly what they were looking for. They remember forever after: "It was about four o'clock in the afternoon." FREE high-definition downloads suitable for projecting in worship are available on our website at

Year A,Jesus,John,Jim Somerville,disciples,Holy Spirit,Richmond’s First Baptist Church,2020,John 1:29-42,looking,seek,find,The Second Sunday after the Epiphany,U2,stay,abide,baptize,

Post a Comment

0 Comments