Advertisement

Ep 4: Trauma Informed Parenting: A Conversation with Therapist Dena Johnson

Ep 4: Trauma Informed Parenting: A Conversation with Therapist Dena Johnson Source:


Be sure to subscribe!
Episode 4
 
Today I'm speaking with Dena Johnson, an adoptive mother and trauma and attachment therapist who focuses her practice on counseling foster and adoptive families. The first time I heard Dena speak was at a conference for foster and adoptive parents several years ago. I was really struggling with some of the challenges of being a caregiver for children with a background of trauma, and I was so grateful for her honest, down-to-earth, approachable and hopeful tone and helpful practical insights for parents and caregivers. Dena shares really informative content about trauma-informed parenting on her Facebook Page at Dena Johnson Counseling, and today I asked Dena to talk a bit about what she would say to her younger self with the benefit of years of experience and hindsight. Dena offers transparency and vulnerability, letting us know we are not alone when we’re facing challenges and struggles as we seek to serve our children with compassion and empathy. She’s been a real blessing to me, and I hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I did. 
 
For more resources for foster parents, including videos, articles, recommended resources, and more, visit www.afosteredlife.com.

podbean,foster care,foster parenting,trauma informed paren...,

Post a Comment

0 Comments